Monday, September 15, 2008

Changes

Sooo, after once again dropping from $2000 to $800 I got enough of it.
Even though I felt like I am way above average as a poker player I still coulden't break through. Only making the minimum at 6-max, hardly making any at all. Having a major downswing and lots of breakevenaments I reevaluated what I had to do.
I just coulden't just keep on grinding wondering if I was actually running bad or if there was something wrong with my game.

I coulden't really afford a good coach, so I decided to try going for a stake. This obviously means I would have to share 50% of my profits but at this point I didn't do it for the money, I needed the coaching.

I was at the right place at the right time when I got hooked up with a 1000NLHU player.
The only problem is, he didn't know anything about 6-max and HU was his game.
The deal was obviously to good to pass up, he obviously wanted 50% of the profits, but he didn't do this for the money. He wanted to give something back to the community as he was in the same spot as me last year. He wanted to take me up to the top like he got taken to the top 1 year ago.

So now I have been coached by this guy for about a week, every day at 8pm(11am for him, American d00d).
Learning HU from scratch isn't that bad, I'm making the transition very well and he tells me he's seeing ALOT of improvements in a short ammount of time. We do sweat sessions and also I make videos that we go through(best way of learning imo)

played 12k hands so far, up about $1k and running at 20BB/100.
I'm starting to love HU alot more then the 6-max games.
If you want to play good read dependant poker you can't 9-table cause you simply can't keep an accurate read on the 40 opponents you're playing. HU is another game.

2 tabling HU should be just as rewarding as 9tabling 6-max atleast imo.
I'm getting better at handreading and standard HU dynamic, I'm learning to exploit players alot more and I can feel that I am improving different from when I was stuck at 6-max and had reached that unbreachable wall where I can't learn anything from leggopoker videos or fix my own leaks.

It's also alot more fun and challenging, the variance is obviously bigger but in a different way.
I mean, I can run horrible a session, drop down 5BI's, put in some more hands and then end the session up 1BI again. And when you run hot, well, lets just say the money comes in fast.

I have cashed out my roll at iPoker + my rakeback which turned into about $2k, gonna try living on that for a while. It's only a matter of weeks before I'm taking shots at 100NL and then who knows where this will carry me.

The staking deal lasts for 50k hands at first, I'm not sure wether I will continue after that but the coaching I'm getting from this guy is top notch and definitely very, very valuable and very +EV in the longrun. So I'll definitely keep getting coached by this guy some way or another.

Thats it for now.

xBTLx

No comments: