Saturday, October 27, 2007

Drunken escapades

Sorry in advance for the lack of poker content in this post. I'm coming off probably the shittiest week i've ever had in school, which was capped off yesterday with a midterm presentation of our design project. This was located in a conference room in front of 5 profs. I was actually at school for 30 hours straight on tuesday-wednesday morning finishing this report with my group.

Now I guess these profs enjoy pushing students, who are already ready to snap from this week, right over the edge. Apparently a couple of the girls in my class came out of the room in tears. However, I think that our presentation went well, and I thought we handled the onslaught of questions pretty good. Our project is to design a 1000bbl/day biodiesel plant in canada. From what I understand biodiesel is pretty big in Europe, and the US to some extent, but pretty much non-existant in Canada.

Anyways after this some celebration was in order and a large amount of alcohol was to be consumed. Needless to say I am waking up to a killer hangover and a trashed apartment today. Also there appears to be a street sign in my roomates room, which im not completely sure how it got there. We also went to some club for a bit, not sure how exactly I got in because I dont think I was really able to stand at that point. Anyways it was pretty cool there, except everyone was in halloween costumes, and I was not because I was unaware that the halloween parties were going on this weekend.

Anyways I guess I better post some poker content. Here's a pretty key hand from the final table of the 1500 guarenteed final table, I can't find the hand history so stack sizes are estimates, I think there's 8 people left at this point and im chip leader, with villain in 2nd place.

Villain is dealer, Hero is BB.
Villain (38000)
Hero (43000)
blinds: 1500/3000

Hero is dealt: Qc, 4s

Folds to villain.
Villain raises to 9000.
SB folds.
Hero raises all-in.
Villain folds and shows Ac Js.

Now obviously if I knew he had AJ, which im pretty sure was in the upper part of his range, I wouldnt have pushed. But I had several things working for me here. I pushed and got the result that I wanted.

No comments: