Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Getting back into things.

Alright so Im getting back into the grind here, I made a new excel template before I played today so I'll be able to show off some new cool graphs and such when I play enough hands :).

I only played 500 hands or so tonight at 50NL, as I obv have no stamina and got bored really quickly :P. Also played the 2.5k and the 1.5k, and as usual did not cash in those. Cash tables went well though. I really felt like I was playing one of my best games, especially early in the session, as I was super focused. But I did lose some concentration after about 60-90 min.

So I was thinking of writing something useful, so to the three people who read this blog give me a shout and let me know what you want me to write about. A couple topics I have in my head that I might write my take on are:

LAG vs TAG and why both are better than passive play.
Exploiting Weakness.
Mid-Late game tournament strategy.
Poker Basics (ie: positional play, different styles, hand ranges ect...).
Stack sizes in relation to hand value.

If there's something not on the list that you want me to talk about email me the topic. If no one emails me im probably not gonna write anything :P. Also dunno when I'll get around to actually writing this, but if there is interest you have my promise that I will write something eventually and possibly get input from blue or gill if they feel like talking while they are 8-tabling.

Cheers,

Kyle
(pokerfiend)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i would definitely be interested in mid-late tournament strategy, i do fine when the blinds are small but as they creep up i lose my focus and just spew chips.

exploiting weaknesses, I'dl ike to read more about that - how exactly do you spot a passive player? do they just check a lot? fold a lot?

i also read or hear a lot about people laying down hands because stack sizes don't make it worth it, what is meant by that?

pokerfiend said...

I'll answer that last question in a quick blog here tonight just cause I think I know what ur getting at and its pretty easy to explain. The other two are more in depth and i'll try to write something worthy of posting sometime, not just a quick reply.