Friday, February 22, 2008

More 200NL

Cutting down to 4-6 tables, posting hands on FTR and constantly analysing and trying to improve my game has really been producing results. running @ like 8BB/100 over 15k hands for just short of $5k- Holla!

Gonna post a few hands i played today and just talk through them... whether i'm right or wrong in the way i played them is a different matter obv.

Hand 1: http://weaktight.com/111758

Standard raise for me and a call from a Taggy reg that loves to try and outplay me in small-medium pots. Flop is a nice one for me and i'm pretty sure i have the best hand, and if he has a hand like 55-99 (he obv repops anything higher PF) then i can easily fire a lot of scare cards on the turn. Anyway, he checks to me, i fire my routine C-bet and he makes a small raise. While this on it's own could mean a wide range of things, i figured this was a K 10% of the time, a FD around a third of the time, and air the rest. The turn completes the flush and he checks. Now i'm 99% sure with this opponent he doesn't have a flush and probably not a K and am putting him on a hand like 99-TT, so i obv have to fire because i can easily have a flush here ( he knows i'd 3 bet a K on this flop ) and is OOP so chooses the safe play and folds. If he calls there and a J, Q or A hits the river, i'm probably firing a 3rd barrell and it's very difficult for him to call with a hand like 99 on such a scary board as if i'm bluffing with A high/Q high or w/e, it's one card that's probably hit me.

Hand 2: http://weaktight.com/111759

This is an interesting one, because it's not a play i usually make. Again, std raise for me in the CO and a Tagfish calls in the SB. My reads are that he plays draws aggro and often turns his hands face up with his betting patterns. I'm playing around 35/30 on this table and have been stealing and bluffing, winning small pot after small pot, so naturally i'm waiting for people to start playing back at me. So anyway, the flop comes and while normally i dislike C-betting these drawy kind of boards ( get looked up wayyy too often ) i probably have the best hand and gotta bet for value and protect vs the draws, plus with my image- i get called with all sorts here. Once he flat calls my bet, i'm almost certain he doesn't have a FD or a 2 pair+ hand and probably has a hand like 78, 67 or something of the likes. Once he fires the turn into me, i instantly put him on 67 or 78, and call- planning to bluff any scare cards on the river. The river turns out to be a great card as it bricks any straight draw and nullifies his 2 pair, and while it looks like i'm trying to bluff this river.. i'm actually shoving for value because i get looked up here by a lot worse with my crazy image. But he folds, which is cool with me too :)

Hand 3: http://weaktight.com/111760

This one is fairly standard.. a non tricky, Taggy player opens on the button, and i elect to flat call my 9's in the BB (even vs a nit, i'd probs 3 bet this 80% of the time). My only read is that i'd seen this player overbet the river with the nuts before.
I fire the flop because CR'ing inflates the pot and really overreps my hand so i'm not getting much value from worse. When he calls i'm putting him on a weak one pair hand, 9T, or a 6 (anything bigger would raise me on this board). The turn is a complete blank and i decide to slow down a little and let him bluff a few streets vs me, which he does and i think for a few seconds and call then turn. The river is a J, which is kind of a bad card for me as 9T got there, but i check to let him bluff his one pair hands or missed 6 and have "nh" ready in the chat if he rolls over 9T. He bets a little over half pot, which with my read means it's much more likely to be some crazy thin value bet with a 1 pair hand or a busted open-ender with X6. I snap call and he rolls over A6s, shippp.

Ok after posting them and having to do all that thinking, i want to post some of my wins for you to enjoy :)

Hand 4: Normally i'd fold pre, but it's a really weak 3 bet vs a fish so i can't resist :D- lol @ AK. http://weaktight.com/111761

Hand 5: This is just a bad call by me preflop, but thanks for slowplaying :D
http://weaktight.com/111762

Hand 6: Big pot! I was really sure he had the flush on the turn too, i actually shouted ONE TIME FILL ME UP to my computer :D http://weaktight.com/111763

Anyway, after putting in a few hands these past few days, iv'e built my roll upto $9200 or so, plus iv'e cleared my $700 deposit bonus which im expecting anytime soon..nearly a 10k roll :D

THAT $6.66 WILL BE MINE BLUELIPS

No comments: