Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Time for a proper update

Seeing as I was a bit, eh, not entirely sober last time I wrote a blog entry it's time for a proper one.

Sngs were down on stars on sunday, so I didn't play much there and i'm behind on my schedule to get platinum this month =/ Pretty much bubbled the 11r there, that had over 7,000 runners for some reason and a sick prizepool (270k in a 45k guaranteed), so it kinda sucked that I didn't win that one :D

Tournament Sunday basically sucked until I went deep in the 20k on poker.com. Pre-FT i pushed 77 with 6 bbs into AA and rivered a 7 to get a semi-decent stack (basically blinds get so high in this tourney, 12-13 bbs is above average at this stage) and made a hudge play with 95o against the chipleader. 3bet him pre and made him fold on a K high flop. Fancy play syndrome maybe, but he was raising every hand, so obv have to play back at him. Anyways, short after that the FT bubble burst and it was final table time, baby!

Some shortie got knocked out early, but it stayed 9 handed for quite a while. I was semi-active at this time, but not overaggro and kept building my stack to become the 2nd chipleader. After some shorty went in with 5bbs or so in fairly early position, I iso'd with AQs and it was goot vs his A8 and became first in chips. As people got knocked out, I turned up the heat and stole a lot with 2.5bb raises and made some resteals with decent hands.

As we got down to four people, some french guy pushed utg and I woke up with AQs again and it held vs AT. Yay for not running like Gill! 3 handed I seriously pondered an ace high call on the turn on a 23JJ board, but decided against it and wait for a better spot. Think I had another AQ hand, but this time it came short to the mighty KJ on the river and all me and another guy was fairly even in chips again, with the last person having about half what we had. Button raised a couple hands later and I went for a resteal with KTo and BB obv had QQ and crippled me. A couple hands later SB pushed on my BB and I instacalled with ATs. His K3 was good and I went out 3rd for 1800$. First was 5400$ and I felt disappointed that I didn't win, but atleast i'm 1800$ richer than I was before amirite?

No comments: