Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I is behind on my playing

Finals are done, but I went out partying a bunch of nights after that so I havent played a lot. I did get in 1500 or so hands tonight though, just some 25NL, ended up 4 BIs or something. So my roll is at about 1500$ now and 1050ish on poker.com. I still think getting to 2000 on PDC by end of december is a very realistic goal, will have to play a bunch tho, which may be hard as im working fulltime now...meh i'll get 'er done. Only at 12k cps this month.... I probs missed out on all the prizes in the scavenger hunt, but i dunno maybe theres still some nanos out there.

Played pretty well tonight. Think I ran alright as well, I dunno... I had a couple of coolers and I missed a lot of draws, but I did win a bunch of 2:1 situations in big pots so Im not really sure if I was running good or not. This seems about average for me at 25NL on PDC, but my sample size is small. Ive been avg about 3-4 buyins per 1000 hands. Which I believe works out to +15-20 BB/100, which is good. Not pepeman running good obv, but still good :P.

Key hand of the night was when I had 66. Flop came Qh6x4h. I checked, there was a big bet and a call. Pretty much knew what they had at that moment so I raised and I raised pretty large, cause they werent going anywhere. Original better flat called, which I liked cause that meant he probably didnt have QQ and he did have AA or KK, other guy called as well of course cause he had a very obvious flush draw and was short. 4 On the turn and I knew I was winning a big one, got the other guy in on the turn (KK) and dodged the 2 outter for an 100$ pot or so. KK guy telegraphed that he had a premium hand and thats not a good thing when ur deep (he had nearly 2 BIs).

Also won a big one with quack quack quack quackers (quad 2s). Lost a big one with 3 purr vs 4444, and with AK vs QQ on AQx.

Biggest mistake of the night was donating a whole bunch with 2 purr (aces and fours) to a set of fours. Felt compelled to pay him off there cause I thought he might be one of the really donkish 25NL players that plays AQ/AK really passively and floats a missed flop with it only to go huge on the turn when they hit their ace. I definately knew he wasnt bluffing or anything, but thought he may play AK/AQ like that, since limp-calling preflop and floating missed flops isn't that uncommon for the tables I was playing. Anyways risk prolly wasnt worth the reward there, and I probably shouldve tossed it. I also missed some value with TTT88 > 888TT...he would've called the AI and I only bet 1/3 his stack, oh well.

There was one really strange hand where I paid off a 2nd pair quite huge on the river. The hand was really strange and I think he may have actually been trying to bluff me on the river, but he had the best hand..... so I guess it turned into a really good value bet :p TBH I don't know wth went on in that hand. I really thought he was spewing with king high lol.

No comments: