Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Short sessions ftw.

Alright... so I have a new routine where I spend about 14 hours straight at school and come home and play about an hour of poker :). I've played a total of 3.5 hours in the last 3 days (not including the 20k - where I was multi tasking that with group work at school) but I'm up about 8 buy ins. It is only 25NL, but I am obv running goot. I'm pretty sure that 50$/hr at 25NL is unsustainable.

Tonight me and 'froliche' (sp?) took turns dealing each other coolers, AA vs KK, AA vs QQ, KK vs QQ, obv all in blind battles :P. I think I probably got the better of it, cause he didnt have a full buyin on the 2 that he won.

I dont really have much to comment on other than post flop play has been pretty hideous at the tables ive been at. Like I dont think it matters what I bet, a min bet is treated the same as a 2x pot bet a lot of the time. So ive reduced my playing style to a "over betting, telegraphing all my hands, nitty fish" and that seems to be working out. I counter becoming bored by playing as many tables as I can!

But as I said I have been running well, and I did suck out and won a 2 buy in pot tonight with 5c6c, flop was 248 with 2 clubs. I had raised preflop after a couple of limpers and on the flop I was facing a very small bet and a call, so of course I had to raise. Initial better made a large 3bet (guess he got his set - I was like 95% sure). Anyways I'm almost positive I had the pot odds to call it as I was almost getting 2:1 and I think I am better than that here, although I didnt work it out completely, cause I was 8 tabling. Anyways he flipped over 22, I didn't watch the hand out but when I looked back I saw I had a big stack, so I guess I won it. Ship it.

No comments: