Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy birthday to me :D

So I turned 22 today, and I have a splitting headache from last night haha. I had this plan where I wasn't going to drink a lot because I have school today, but am I really supposed to pass up on free shots? It was just a small get together, maybe 7 or 8 people and we just went to the bar where I work...which wasn't the smartest idea since that ended up with more binge drinking and free beers. Anyways it was fun times, one of my friends from Queens was able to come out which was cool, he was in town for his convocation. So today I have to write my groups chem report, which isn't going to be fun because I just want to sleep.

As for poker, I haven't really been playing a lot at all. Played some turkey jackpot rooms one day, which was pretty uneventful, I was ontop of the leaderboard briefly but I havent played since that one day so im starting to slip out of the top 100, i'll probably just slip into the qualifier closer to the end of the month. Been awhile since ive played SnGs and the play seemed to be a little crazier than the mtts I usually play, so I had to make a few adjustments. I did end the session slightly in the green.

I also played a couple hours of 100NL. The 6 handed game I was in was pretty ideal. It was very loose passive, and had a very predictable guy with 400BBs. Only problem was he was hitting everything. I really played a pretty boring mindless game here because the other players were so soft. I changed my style to pretty tight aggressive, and I also overbet everytime I hit because they didn't really fold. Anyways made about a buy in in this game. Here's a somewhat interesting hand vs the big stack:

Hero has: AQ
villain limps in.
Hero raises to 7$
villain calls.
Flop: As6h5h
Hero bets 12$
Villain calls.
Turn: 6c
Hero bets 40$
Villain calls.
River: 7h
Hero Checks
Villain bets 16$
Hero Calls.

Villain shows Kh4h, king high flush.

I think in hindsight I really shouldve made a value bet on the river and folded to his raise. I was also almost certain he hit his draw on the river, but can I really fold for 16$ in this pot? Anyways I dont mind how I played this hand, I definately outpriced the flush on the turn and he didnt really take me to valuetown on the river when he hit it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! There are plenty of rollers who share this Birthday with you. Enjoy!