Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Good session, and an exception to the B/F > C/C Rule.

2 posts in one day? ZOMG. I just hit 500$ after playing for 2 more hours and running good in another 25NL session. My +9BB/100 over 4k hands is looking way sexier than yesterdays -3BB/100 over 1.4k.

Tonight was another heavy multi-tabler there, who was quite good. Best player I've seen at 25 NL anyways. We got heavily involved in a lot of pots with each other, and each made 4 bet bluffs pre-flop and played some tricky hands post flop. I definitely got the better of him, but that was mostly was because I hit more cards. I will probably be reviewing his play and looking for leaks sometime soon. He plays quite a bit looser than me at 30/22 (I play more TAG at about 21/17), but from what I saw was definitely solid post-flop and not a LAGtard. Not sure why he's playing 25NL lol, maybe he's like me :P.

Anyways, going with what we were talking about before where I had mentioned that bet/fold is better than Check/call the majority of the time. I think this hand is a good exception to that rule. I'm pretty much c-betting here with anything I raised with, so I think he floats flop a bunch. His range here is probably a slow-played boat or any pocket pair. Him floating air on the flop is also somewhat plausible, but i think he bets turn if that was his plan, even if he paired his J. So really I don't think I get called by worse here and if he did have a pocket pair I think he might feel obliged to bluff it, since I could very well be playing the board. Also I think his range is more tilted towards pocket pairs than it is Ax.

Also note, my hand has about the same strength of like a T,Q or K high here, so i likely make this same move on the river if i had something like T9s, KQ ect. I'm not too sure where my cutoff point would be, but I think I'm always check/calling with at least T, Q, K-high in this river spot and I'm pretty sure that thats probably correct in this pot vs this villain.

STAGE #40449775: HOLDEM NO LIMIT $0.25 - 2008-03-18 23:21:24 (ET)
Table: Tijuana -12040449 (Real Money) Seat #3 is the dealer
Seat 3 - PDC-foxboro11 ($22.60 in chips)
Seat 1 - PDC-bumnbutt ($9.19 in chips)
Seat 2 - PDC-pokerfiend101 ($34.27 in chips)
PDC-bumnbutt - Posts small blind $0.10
PDC-pokerfiend101 - Posts big blind $0.25
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to PDC-pokerfiend101 [Kh Kd]
PDC-foxboro11 - Calls $0.25
PDC-bumnbutt - Folds
PDC-pokerfiend101 - Raises $1.10 to $1.35
PDC-foxboro11 - Calls $1.10
*** FLOP *** [Ad 3c As]
PDC-pokerfiend101 - Bets $2.30
PDC-foxboro11 - Calls $2.30
*** TURN *** [Ad 3c As] [Js]
PDC-pokerfiend101 - Checks
PDC-foxboro11 - Checks
*** RIVER *** [Ad 3c As Js] [Jc]
PDC-pokerfiend101 - Checks
PDC-foxboro11 - Bets $4.00
PDC-pokerfiend101 - Calls $4.00
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PDC-foxboro11 - shows [8d 8h] ( )
PDC-pokerfiend101 - shows [Kh Kd] ( )
PDC-pokerfiend101 Collects $14.63 from main pot


Might take a homework day tomorrow, not sure if I'm going to play or not.

No comments: